Friday, February 6, 2009

What Satan Fears Most

What satan fears most is a man on his knees ~ not vast marching armies with great weaponry. He knows he can stand against the power of men ~ to engage us in battle is mere sport to him. But a man on his knees with his head bowed in prayer is something quite different to the prince of the air. For when he sees us in prayer to our God most high ~ he knows we have seen through his devilish lies. That’s why satan fears most a man on his knees ~and we’ll keep him trembling if our prayers never cease.

We need to realize that there is a war constantly going on in the spiritual realm. The devil does not want you happy, blessed, and rejoicing in the Lord ~ but rather depressed and blaming God for all the wrong that is going on in your life.

The enemy will try anything he can to separate you from having a relationship with the Lord and he is very successful at bringing problems our way in order to keep our mind from anything and everything except God. That is why it is important to have a strong and committed prayer life. If the devil constantly sees you in prayer and always asking for guidance and wisdom from the Lord, then the enemy knows his power has become ineffective against you.

Just as you would fight to get a burglar out of your home ~ you need to fight that spiritual war by praying ~ by fasting ~ by speaking forth the scriptures of authority and rebuking the enemy in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

A person who kneels in prayer will be able to stand up to anything.

I could not have put it more simply than this. This powerful poem and devotional was submitted to Dwayne Savaya Ministry by Daryl Jackson.

11 Thoughts On The Matter:

~~Deby said...

I so agree...and have asked the Lord to help me in this area of my life...I don't think that we, or maybe just *I* don't realize the power there is in prayer....I think it is a tool that is under-used , speaking for myself....yet something I desire to be, a woman of prayer.
good post..
Deby

IF said...

Hello! I just stumbled upon your blog and I think this post is wonderful! I can't wait to read more! I have added you to my favorites!! I too love Charles Spurgeon and love the side bar you have! That is so cool!! Have a great day!
Ivy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Have a nice weekend.

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Cathryn,
Thank you for such a wonderful post. You are right satin uses anything he can to hinder our relationship with Christ.
I read your previous post too (about the movie "Fireproof"). My husband is a police officer for a major city in NC. God has protected him so many times that I have lost count. As to date we have not seen the movie. We are planning on watching it Valentine's weekend. Also my church is going to be showing it on 3-6-09 and 3-7-09. Would you please keep ALL police and fire fighters families in your prayers? Thank you. Also if you can would you pray that God will push the retirement bracket back to 25 years for our officers and fire fighters? Thank you. I think our job is to block the evil one from hurting us. Sorry this is so long. I am reaching out to several of my sisters in Christ in blog land for prayer.
God bless you,
Bren

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing this ~ it's so true!

Prayer is simply talking to God and relying on Him ... for a believer, it's like breathing ~ may the Lord teach my heart to speak to Him more and rely on Him more and most of all, may He teach me to listen!

Blessings to you and your dear family Cathryn :o)

Susan B said...

Cathryn,
This is a beautiful post. It is so true, prayer is so powerful! I am so thankful that God wants us to talk to Him and rely on Him for our every need! Thank you for sharing this.

Aliene said...

Cathryn, A timely post! I have written in the front of my Bible
that the devil trembles and shakes when the weakest saint gets on his knees. I don't know who wrote it.
But it is a reminder that the battles we face are won in prayer.

bopeep said...

Your posts are always so good, Thank You for this one.
I also want to thank you for a post you did back in Jan. about the onecuteblog templates, I remembered reading it, so I went back to it tonight and figured it out, thanks to your great instructions. I now have a cute one.
Prayers, Bo

Karin said...

The strength God gives when HE calms HIS child in prayer is amazing. It is such a burden lifted to leave all my cares with HIM. HE's in control after all and I just need to let HIM lead.
Thanks for your post.

Theresa's Notes said...

That is a really good post!

Unknown said...

This is a good reminder. I went through a trial last night and I really needed to pray. I need to pray. Thank you for these wonderful devotionals.

On another note.. why is it that the titles of the blogs on the side bar haven´t changed from the holidays?