Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It Is True ~ The Truth Can Make You Free

In my journey to yield all rights to God, I have been challenged to not hold on to the old ~ old thoughts ~ old pains ~ old mistakes ~ but rather to act on truth. That has been a huge wake up call for me ~ "acting on truth."

Not all truth is easy. Some is really tough to hear ~ and at times even tougher to tell. What I am finding is that it does often hurt at first ~ but then it enables ~ it empowers ~ and it makes us more like the folk that God wants us to be ~ for He himself is true (John 8:26).

In John 8:32 Jesus said And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. God has given a wonderful example in His own Son about the beauty of truth. He is the truth and the way and no one can reach God but through Christ (John 14:6). Truth ~ it can make us free ~ in so many ways.

4 Thoughts On The Matter:

IF said...

It surely does. Apart of the truth there is only misery. I was miserable in Poland until I yeilded it to Christ. I prayed I don't understand it all, but I know it is your will. I know you have a purpose for me being here and I want to do your will. Use me Lord in this trial and hold me up while I am here! Even if it is one soul that needs us here, use me Lord. He has grown me up a lot but now I can rejoice in the trial of being there and so far away. He has also blessed in so many ways and provided us with a church and dear Christian friends and tons of english speakers at the church. He has also blessed us with being able to come visit twice a year. He is so good. What makes me sad here, is how far from the truth my country-America- has turned. I am already praying my children can overcome the trials they will face and be victorious in Christ. Our true country is with Christ, not anywhere on earth! I hope you have a great day!!

Mildred said...

A beautiful post and I enjoy the music so.

CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART said...

Cathryn, your post is full of truth.

You know if have found during my lifetime, the one lie that is hurts a lot is when we lie to ourselves. Our hearts are desperately wicked. We must rely upon His WORD for our TRUTH. love you, connie

Marsha said...

Beautiful!